Friday, November 21, 2008

Off to the Galapagos


Tomorrow, I'm leaving for my trip to the Galapagos Islands! As you may already know, I was one of two Massachusetts teachers selected from a pool of U.S. applicants to participate in an environmental expedition to the Galapagos Islands, a designated World Heritage site off the coast of Ecuador, as part of the Toyota International Teacher Program. The study tour will be focused on promoting environmental conservation and
photo from National Geographic
sustainability. I will meet with GalapagueƱo teachers to exchange global conservation ideas andlessons. While I am there, if technology doesn’t fail me, I plan to post on this blog daily. You can ask me questions and view pictures here.

I leave for Miami tomorrow morning. On Sunday, we will head to the Everglades for a "wet walk" and orientation. On Monday, we'll head to Quito, the capital of Ecuador. On Tuesday, we're off to the Galapagos! I cannot wait to see incredible wildlife and to share all that I learn and see with you.

Keep in touch!

18 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

hey heath... can't wait to follow your journey and share/compare experiences when you get home! Ur very lucky... : ) cynthia

Alison said...

safe travels heather. can't wait to hear of your adventures! agr

justys blog party said...

~have a good time in the Galapagos~!!!!

Unknown said...

hey ms.brown hows everything goin are u havin a good time? this is kendra

Unknown said...

hey ms.Brown...this is zarea.
hows everything.hope your having a good time=]

mii lyfe said...

HI MS BROWN HOW R U HOPE U R HAVING LOTS OF FUN IF U WANT 2 U CNA HIT MII UP AT SHAQUELL.STEVENSON3@GMAIL.COM


LUV SHAQUELL

justys blog party said...

Dear ms.brown,

hope you find out something interesting on the Galapagos hawks and the land iguanas. bring me back a souvineer. just kidding

sincerely,
justicia serrano

Anonymous said...

hey ms.brown hows it goin its chalayna im good im trin 2 stay outta trouble have fun

lozER!!!! said...

hiii ms.brown ithz me dulce if ur wonderin how ith iz down here ithz goin well exspect da fact dat every1 iz takin advantage of mr.berry but yeah da weather iz cold but yeah i miss pce!!!=)


my email iz drndprzbeauty@gmail.com nd aim dulcematos

Anonymous said...

Hi ms.brown i hope ur havin fun!! i wish i wasz there right now ue enjoying the hot weather while we r stuck in traffic in the cold anywaysz have fun and stay safe

Anonymous said...

HEY MS.BROWN!!!! HOWS IT GOING SO FAR IN THE GALAPAGOS?? I WANNA SEE SOME PICTURES..BRING ME A POST CARD IF U CAN.LOL~!..MISS YA
YOUR TRULY,
KRISTINA COLON!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ms.Brown,
I hope you have a good time on your trip and can't wait to see how your trip goes and Happy Thanksgiving

Anonymous said...

o yeah and by the way HAPPY TURKEY DAY~~!!!{THANKSGIVING}}
KRISTINA {AGAIN}

Anonymous said...

P.S can u please email some picsz of animail thanx my email is FashionCrazy101@gmail.com or capeverdean54@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

hey ms.brown its me,Lynnette
hope your having a good time and stay safe. i wish i could go!! :( and i cant wait to hear all about your trip!!!! and by the way HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!!

sincerely,
Lynnette De Leon

email= bratzlissy@yahoo.com
send me some picks

ryanz.boo.honey said...

yo ms. brown, itz honey =D..... lolszx go 2 ma blogger i just created 1...
itz ryanzboohoney.blogspot.com
by3333 hop3 jur haven maaaddddddd funn.....lolszx